If you are doing pro blogging, you certainly want to increase your google page rank or alexa rank for your site to get more traffic. Google Page Rank and Alexa Rank is the traffic indicator for your site. If you have google page rank high or alexa rank low, it means that your site receives lots of traffic. Google page rank index is from 0 to 10. The higher google page rank indicates that your site is popular and receives more traffic. Facebook has google page rank 10 and it is indeed a very popular media social site. Alexa rank indicates that sites with lower number are the more popular site and receive more traffic. Sites with rank below 200,000 in alexa rank are considered popular.
3 signs that you will notice when your blog is getting popular:
- You receive more comments and other sites give you back links automatically.
- Google Adsense and other text link advertising will approve your application once they notice you have traffic. Private advertisers will contact you for banner or text link advertising.
- You start to earn online income through advertising and affliate programmes. You can even start to sell your own products.
The following are tools to check Google Page rank or Alexa Page Rank for websites or blogs.
- Check your Google Page rank, Page Rank Checker
- Check Alexa rank, Alexa.com
- Install google toolbar. If you have google toolbar, you know the page rank from the bar next to bookmarks. The bar will show green color and the index.
- Or you can install SEO Quake to give depth analysis.
You have to work to increase your google page rank and alexa rank from time to time. It depends on how smart you work and you shall apply the following pro blogging tips and strategies to increase your blog google page rank or alexa rank:
- Always ping your own blog post, interlink between posts and pages and if you have other blogs, interlink them as well.
- Don’t target the popular keywords with high number of results in google or yahoo search. You can’t compete with the current popular blogs. Look for your niche market and low number of results in google or yahoo search. This way will earn your blog high rank fast.
- Sign up with as many as social bookmarking sites. Once you publish post, share it to all social bookmarking sites. You need to add/share plugin in your blog.
- Write to article directories and don’t forget to leave your blog URL.
- Participate in forum and leave your blog URL as a signature.
- Exchange links with other blogs for blogroll links. You certainly want to exchange links with bloggers which share relevant topics and have equal or higher rank than you do.
- Leave comments particularly at popular blogs and blog which use do follow links
Pro blogging is not about writing for your own blog only. You need to socialize with sites of higher ranks in order to have back links for your blog.